Ease, accuracy and efficiency in one
Tonosafe are designed for single use, without compromising the performance of Goldmann Applanation Tonometers. Tonosafe reduces the risk of cross infection between patients and improves productivity by freeing doctors and nurses to focus on productive and important tasks.
- Easy to use. The Tonosafe prism and holder combine to have the same mass as the Goldmann prism, so no conversion of results is needed.
- Improves efficiency. Positing the prism is quick, and the optical clarity provides a superb view of florescent semi-circles.
- Provides extreme accuracy. Calibrated to Goldmann standards, Tonosafe can be used in Goldmann and Perkins tonometers.
- Clinically validated by many papers over a 10 year period. Salvi et al. (2004) reports that it may be used for screening plus routine clinical use.
See how well Tonosafe performs.
Saves you time
Many hospitals using Tonosafe report higher productivity among doctors and nurses by freeing time previously spent on low-level tasks such as sterilizing prisms. It is more affordable to use Tonosafe as long as it takes you over an average of two minutes to sterilize each prism.
Easy to use
Customers report that using Tonosafe generally takes no longer than using conventional prisms. Tonosafe saves you more time by eliminating the sterilization process. Tonosafe also makes your facility more environmentally friendly by having a separate ‘prism head’ that is disposed after use and a ‘holder’ that is retained for 19 additional uses.
Eliminates cross-infection and contamination
Our commitment to making your practice or facility more successful obligates us to help you reduce infection, save money and help free up valuable doctor and nurse time. With Tonosafe, you dramatically reduce the risk of infections and corneal burns. And that reduces the risk of costly and stressful litigation.
Knowing the costs
Even if you haven’t had any issues, it’s important to know that the effects of cross infection manifest themselves long after the consultation.
How to Use Tonosafe
Tonosafe has been developed to avoid the necessity of cleaning and disinfecting applanation tonometer prisms.
It is intended for use as a disposable applanating and optical doubling prism for use with Goldmann and Perkins applanation tonometers.
The Tonosafe is precisely molded to provide acceptable optical performance. Combined with the holder, the prism has the same mass as the standard Goldmann prisms. The doubling effect is within proposed International Standards. Tonosafe’s high sensitivity and specificity validates its use in both screening and routine clinical use.
Instructions for use
- Peel back the lid along the perforation to expose the holder.
- Remove the holder from the cavity.
- Peel back the lid covering one of the disposable prisms and use the holder (B) to remove the prism (A) by placing it over the exposed end of the prism as shown in the diagram. There is an indexing key moulded into the prism that should align with one of the slots in the holder.
- With the prism removed and inserted in the holder, check that the location key is pushed fully home in the slots in the holder.
- When manipulating the prism, hold only the flange, not the applanating part.
- Insert the holder and prism assembly into the tonometer in the conventional way and the Tonosafe is ready for use.
- When the tontometry is complete, remove the holder and prism assembly from the tonometer, and remove the disposable prism from the holder by pushing off from the flange.
- Retain the holder and discard the disposable prism.