For use with placebo pMDI training inhalers
The Flo-Tone Trainer is designed to be used by healthcare professionals to coach patients, helping them to improve their inhaler technique.
Helping patients to improve their inhaler technique
The Flo-Tone Trainer is a training device that makes it easier for healthcare professionals to help patients achieve the correct flow rate and to master inhale/actuate co-ordination. pMDIs are widely used inhalers, yet most patients do not use them correctly. Many inhale too rapidly, some cannot co-ordinate inhalation and actuation easily.
Product features and benefits
- For use with placebo pMDI training inhalers or Trainhaler
- Patients learn to inhale at the correct flow rate
- Patients learn to maintain inhalation post-acuation to convey medication to lungs
- Inhaler training can be conducted quickly
- Whistle provides a clear positive signal to actuate
- Low-cost, simple yet effective method of inhaler technique training
- Currently fits many pMDIs
Whistle signals once correct flow rate has been achieved
The built-in whistle produced on inhalation provides a clear positive signal to actuate, helping the patient to understand when they have achieved the correct flow rate for successful drug delivery. Then after actuation, helping them maintain a slow gentle inhalation, to move the medication into the lungs.